National Running Day and National Donut Day, in one week?! This is too much.I haven’t had my donut yet but I did do my run. A short, sweet, and soggy jog. I got pretty soaked but didn’t care because it’s FRIDAY.I listened to Cut Copy the whole time — Anthony and I are seeing their concert tonight!! Any other fans out there?
I know you guys are going to eat donuts all day, but if you need a healthy break let me introduce you to the latest salad sensation:After all the cabbage and beets I ate in Australia, I was craving a recreation. I know we hear that richly colored vegetables are the best for you, but I think light-colored cabbage is an exception. According to my favorite website Greatist, cabbage is “super” because it’s high in fiber, antioxidants, and glucosinolates (cancer-fighting). Plus it’s super crunchy and cheap. Booyah.I topped my cabbage with oranges, the best beets ever, chicken, feta, and a sprinkle of toasted almonds. Topped with honey, olive oil, and a ton of lemon.
I don’t know how this happened, but I forgot to send along two gems I spotted on Tuesday:As of today, the mattress is gone but the couch is still standing, soggy and saggy. Get it while you can!
- Do you have a cabbage recipe? Want to share it with me?!
- What’s your favorite band to listen to while you run?
- If you were a donut, what type of donut would you be and why?
- Runner’s World: 8 things runners should know about coffee
- Active Life DC: Things to know before visiting DC public pools
- Washington Post: Where to get a free doughnut on National Doughnut Day