A grey day! I ditched my alarm to sleep in and laugh with Anthony about this. With coffee.
If you’re biking to work near Logan Circle today, make sure to pop into the Bike Rack! They are giving out free coffee to bike commuters.
But instead I bought ingredients for this apple cheddar squash soup:More good news: It looked and smelled delicious…Bad news: It tasted horrible!
We thought it’d be fine to cook the soup in the slow cooker instead of on the stove, but realized that cheddar cheese cubes do NOT fare well under extreme (10+ hours) slow cooker conditions. The bottom of the bowl was filled with chewy burnt blackened cheese balls. I have never bit into a worn, greasy car tire but if I did I think it would taste similar to these lumps of cheese.We’re determined to give this soup another shot, so I’ll keep you posed on our progress!
That’s actually all of the exciting news I have for you today! Have a great one.
- What was the last thing you got for free?
- Last time you ruined a recipe?
- What’s your run like today?
- Washingtonian: DC Divas half marathon & 5k suffers major mishaps
- Health.com: Freebies for national yoga month
- Rock Creek Runner: Why I ran 442 consecutive days & why I quit (?!)