My sneaks haven’t recovered from the weekend’s sandy, soggy runs… so I got to break out a new pair of PureConnects for today’s run.Although I’ve heard rumors that the PureConnects are being discontinued, I couldn’t find any supporting evidence online and they’re still for sale on Brooks.com (and still on sale at Nordstrom.com!). So I’m happy to share this in-depth review of my favorite running shoe ever. If you’ve got narrow feet and like to keep your shoes light, I’d recommend giving the PureConnects a try.
And even though my favorite spot is closed and the skies were humid and windy, I still loved my run — especially after my recent running struggles at altitude and on the ocean!Another perk of coming back to our DC home: We had a ton of fun packages waiting for us! One of which was this tub o’ peanuts I randomly won on Twitter the other day.Feridies is a Virginia-based gourmet peanut company. I didn’t know that peanuts could even taste “gourmet” — but after sampling a few of these “super extra-large” peanuts, I could definitely taste the difference in quality. Much crispier, much more flavor than you’d find in your average pack of airplane peanuts. I know it sounds crazy, but these peanuts are perfect. I’d recommend them!
- Peanuts: salted, unsalted, or honey roasted?
- Are any of your favorite parks shut down at present?
- Best thing you did all weekend?
- Walk Jog Run: Six ways to bust out of a running rut
- Greatist: 77 healthy crockpot recipes (I’m going to make all of these)
- And a few furlough-related announcements: Here’s a list of parks that are definitely open; here’s a Twitter (and Facebook) list of discounted/free fitness classes for government employees (including Roam Fitness!); and apparently Roti is offering half-off meals for government workers on Fridays.