I’ve been on a cooking spree this week! Hope you enjoy this Friday foodie post.
1. Rosti casserole with baked eggs.I didn’t know what Rosti meant until I looked it up specifically to share with you right now. It’s basically the Swiss word for hash browns.
These aren’t 100% hash browns though — they’re shredded turnips! I thought this egg, potato, hash brown, turnip, Greek-yogurt casserole recipe was so interesting we had to give it a try.I also added an onion, a green pepper, and more turnip (less potato) to this dish. We thought it was pretty good — probably better fit for breakfast than dinner, though. Overall score: 7/10. Not bad!
2. Pumpkin pie muffins.These gems have pumpkin puree AND apple butter in them. The recipe (from Chocolate Covered Katie) features whole wheat flour, a fair amount of oil, little sugar, and zero eggs. Pretty easy to make, too!
I eat/drink anything that is related to pumpkin from October-February.I think my mom taught me the powdered sugar trick. Sprinkle it on anything, and it takes it to the next level!And lastly, I’d like you to meet one of my favorite virtual yoga instructors. This morning I tried a new routine from YogaDownload featuring Elise of Half Moon Studios in Denver.
- What type of yoga instructor do you like?
- Favorite seasonal flavor? Pumpkin? Peppermint? Eggnog?
- What are you looking forward to this weekend?
- TwinCities.com: Photos: 30 amazing ways people crossed the finish line at the Twin Cities Marathon
- Runner’s World: Are you as tough as a triathlete? (for Alanna)
- Prince of Petworth: Friday question: Is it disrespectful to jog in a cemetery?