Let’s pretend it’s still Sunday! Anthony and I wrapped up the weekend with a steady seven-mile jog.I was a bit sore from Saturday but a slow pace, pretty sunset, and running partner made the miles easier. I wrote a while back about recovery runs and why they’re a useful training tool (when used in moderation!).
I don’t know why I decided to wear my Nike Frees yesterday. Even though they are incredibly cute, they make my feet hurt! Gotta get back in my Brooks for my next run Today has just been boring gym stuff so let’s move onto the food talk. Mo’ sandwiches.Anthony found this recipe for prosciutto sandwiches with all sorts of fancy fillings like pesto, mozzarella, and tomato. We made some (extremely GREEN!) pesto in our Vitamix and then brought out the panini press for more fun:In less than 20 minutes, we were done! Served with some garlicky sauteed kale. And wine of course.Back to it being Monday — I’m just going to brighten things up by featuring this Mexico photo of Anthony playing in the sand because it makes me smile every time I look at it. I have a supermodel husband.Have a good day at work or a good day not at work!
- Do you have to work today or not?
- Do you take the day after your long run off or not?
- Have you ever made your own pesto?
- i09: Scientists reveal that chicken nuggets are less than 50% meat
- New York Times: Exercise as a preventative medicine
- Runner’s World: Marine Corps Marathon to use lottery system