I was out for a short and quiet run this morning. Actually, not that quiet. I was listening to Lorde’s new(ish) album! Amazing.I know my blog is always full of breaking, need-t0-know news, and today is no different. The big announcement: I’ve decided to run the Marine Corps Marathon! It’s in six days. NBD.
For the past few months I’d been training to run the Richmond marathon (which is in mid-November), but I had some schedule changes last week and realized that Richmond wouldn’t be possible. I asked my coach what to do, and he said to go for MCM. Even though I told him I wasn’t so sure that was a good idea (I’ve only run one 20-miler, mind you), he told me that I’ve got this. So, okay. Let’s see what happens!
- What’s the longest/shortest long run you’ve done before running a marathon?
- Do you stick to a strict schedule?
- Do you have kids?
- Greatist: 17 mid-run snacks to improve your marathon (i don’t know if i would say “improve” but ok)
- Walk Jog Run: For couples who can’t run together
- NY Times: Does boiling or baking vegetables destroy their vitamins?