I know I have taken this photo 50 times, but bear with me for 51:A crisp fall day for a run with my husband!We are really looking good this morning. I promise that I have hair, it’s just tied in a tight bun (per your suggestions!)And those are all of the photos from this morning! We only stopped for a couple because I was focusing on running a solid 45 minutes at marathon pace. My mileage is low this week, but my focus is high. My coach has me really concentrating on “feeling” my pace and teaching my body to stick to it.
I am also making sure to eat my carbs :). (Though see the article linked at the bottom of this post re: gluten!)Alanna visited from Baltimore on Sunday night which was reason to celebrate! (Again, where did my hair go?)We followed a recipe similar to this one (plus beef), but didn’t really follow a recipe at all — I’ve mentioned this before but Anthony is half Italian so pasta recipes are naturally built into his brain.
Yes… those are more mojitos. I’m ALSO making sure to stay hydrated this week…Which is why I’m about to go pour myself coffee cup #2. Enjoy this fall day!
- Lasagna: squiggly-edged noodles or sheet noodles?
- Are you gluten free? If so, how does it feel?!
- How do you stay mentally focused during a race?
- Washington Post: Can going gluten-free make you a better runner?
- Runner’s World: Ed Whitlock runs 3:41 marathon at age 82 (!!)
- Greatist: Ten steps to create a meaningful life from a man who’s found one