Instead of donuts I’ve been eating salads this week. Here’s the latest:Ever since I ate an amazing blackened chicken/Mexican salad while we were in Lancaster, I’ve wanted to re-create it!
This one was close but I think I’d need a grill to really blacken the chicken. Spicy pan-fried chicken works too, though!Ingredients: lettuce (I used romaine), chicken, tomatoes, onion, red & green peppers, black beans, avocado, pine nuts, and cheese (I used this chili-spiced red Leicester cheese from Trader Joe’s and it was awesome!)
The idea here is basically a taco minus the shell. So, I fried up the chicken with a ton of fajita seasoning; in another pan, I fried up the beans, onion, and peppers with a ton of fajita seasoning too. Throw it atop some lettuce (hot or cold) with the rest of the ingredients and you’re done!Well, almost done. I tossed on some honey-lime dressing (aka, olive oil, lotsa lime, and some honey) to tie it all together.
Going to back to the donut truck now. Have a great day!
- Have you ever eaten at a food truck?
- Do you have a grill? If so, how often do you use it?
- Tell me about your run today!
- USA Today: 6-year-old becomes youngest person to complete a half marathon
- Bangkok Post: Kenyan ladies hatch plan to snatch Radcliffe record
- Cooking Light: 23 quinoa recipes