All this post-marathon non-running is starting to get dull — but it’s necessary to avoid injury, the “marathon sniffles,” and the post-race blues that so often plague us crazy marathoners after the race (relevant links in case you’re curious).
So to stay busy, I’ve been in a cooking craze!
I loved this recipe because it was easy. Just cook up some chicken and stuff, then roll it.My favorite step: cover all the ‘chiladas in chile/tomato sauce and cheese.Just kidding. My favorite step was EATING it.Anthony and I gave this recipe a 10! And no, those aren’t more mojitos I promise. Just sparkling water + lime… a nice way to avoid booze but still drink something fancy.And now I guess I can talk about something other than Mexican food…
Yesterday was great because I got to wear workout clothes to the office for a work event. I was feeling so sporty that I asked Daniela (who works down the street) on a lunchtime walking date! It felt great to get outside and move around a bit. In front of the White House like true tourists.
And let’s just end with these awesome Metro singers. For a small fee, they put a big smile on my face.
Hope you’re smiling too!
- Most random street/subway performer you’ve ever seen?
- Do you go for walks?
- What’s your favorite food blog?
- NY Times: Marathon runners build their sport, stride by stride
- Beta Beat: Science says your disgusting toe shoes aren’t doing anything but grossing people out (thanks to everyone who sent this to me, haha)
- Washingtonian: Halloween workouts in DC