First, happy Halloween! Second, look at this!Finally, a run. It was short but very, very sweet (and still a little sore).This is the part of the post where I either 1) delve into some nerdy running facts or 2) display images of enchiladas, pizza, froyo, etc.
But today, I feel like taking a short intermission to link around. When I’m not running, eating, or writing, you can find me reading. So here are some of my favorite blogs.
- Hungry Runner Girl (hilarious/grammatically incorrect lifestyle/running blog from a very fast runner)
- Poise in Parma (lifestyle blog from my mom’s Ohio hometown)
- Kath Eats (wonderful, simple food blog)
- Sweat Once a Day (ultrarunning/beer blog from a former DC-er)
- Camels & Chocolate (amazing life of a travel writer/blogger)
Go check them out! And if you’re still here, scroll down for the usual batch of delicious food photos.
Ever since we moved to Arlington, everyone has told us to try out the Green Pig Bistro — so, we decided it’d be a great post-race dinner on Sunday! We ordered one main dish and a handful of small plates to make sure we got a taste of everything.
Bibb salad — aka plate of homemade buttermilk dressing with a side of lettuce — was very good despite it’s un-saladness.Pork tacos, which were interestingly sweet and not so spicy… until you accidentally ate a jalepeno slice! Yowzahs.Our main: a pork chop! Why not? Everyone had also told us to order the famous mac ‘n’ cheese. Best advice I ever took.We loved Green Pig and will definitely be back. Next time we are going to order a main of mac ‘n’ cheese and a handful of small-plate mac ‘n’ cheeses. With mac ‘n’ cheese on the side.
See you tomorrow!
- Are you a entrée person or an appetizer/side dish sort of person?
- What’s one of your favorite blogs?
- What are your Halloween plans?!