Friday! Let’s get to it because I have a big blog agenda today.
First, of course, a RUN.With Anne!
We covered four miles that were filled with fall. Since I am sore from my shoulders to my toes (thank you, body combat + barre), it was good to use my running muscles again. Running just makes me a happier person.
Now to the agenda:
1. Back to yesterday’s blurb about leaving my job and going to Asia (sorrynotsorry for the cliffhanger). Here’s the short version of the story. I’d been considering leaving my current editor position to pursue a new direction in the field; around the same time, and opportunity came up for me to travel with Anthony (and with Leah!) to Vietnam and Singapore. Anthony and I talked it over and decided that the timing was right. So, next week I’ll be blogging from the other side of the world! As for the when-I-get-back-what-will-I-do-with-my-life situation: I have a few potential writing/blogging/media options lined up and I also am planning on having more free time to dedicate toward my passion for froyo. We’ll see!
2. Something else I’ve been meaning to share: wedding photos! There are more to come, but for now you can check out this blog post from Nashville Weddings 101 that covers some of the fun :).
I can’t believe our wedding was featured on a blog other than my own! I sort of feel like a celeb.
3. Speaking of celebs, last night I got to hang out with some very swanky DC bloggers. The event was hosted by The Fashionably Broke and Ashley in DC, and mostly attended by lifestyle/fashion bloggers in the area. Some bloggers gave short talks on internet nerdy things — including a note on guest posting, from Liz of What Dress Code? !I tried to look trendy for the evening, and the blogger gods must have rewarded me. I won a raffle for a SweetGreen gift card and goodie bag! I quite enjoy their salads and am looking forward to maxing out my $50 gift card in less than one week.Hoorah for blogger meetups!
4. Which is why I’m helping Active Life DC plan the next blogger event, which is especially for health/fitness/food writers (and blog readers!)! You can register here. And also, remember that 5k fun run I did a while back, hosted by Grub for Good? They’re having another one on Saturday the 23rd. If you are interested, register here.
5. As if gifting Betty with beer wasn’t enough, someone decided to give her some glow sticks last night. ?!She’s a rock star.
Have a wonderful weekend and see you from Asia!
- When was the last time you were sore?
- How long have you been at your job?
- What are you MOST looking forward to this weekend?