Some people say that running is boring and this is a post to prove them wrong. Here is a mile-by-mile recap of entertainment from this morning:
1. Another gorgeous sunrise (despite 25-mph winds and rain):2. Golden streets of Georgetown.
3. My old friend — the majestic National Cathedral.
The Cathedral climb is a great way to practice patience. A long, gradual hill that you just have to chip away at.Does the above elevation map remind you of Christmas tree?! Well, that’s #4.5. Loads of lovely leaves.6. These berry things which I thought looked so cool.7. One of my favorite views in Rock Creek Park.8. Plus deer!9. Good ole’ Lincoln.10. Bird caught in mid-yawn.11. Red flag against a grey sky.Bonus shot: Man running in a Santa hat.See?! That was fun.
You know what else is fun + entertaining?! Reading! Book club reunited last night to discuss our latest literary adventure: The Book Thief. I hosted the group last night and served up some salad, soup, and mini sandwiches.We gave The Book Thief a final score of 6/10. Then we gossiped for about three hours. That’s what book clubs are for, right?Happy Friday!!
- Do you ever get bored when running?
- Last book you read?
- Last wild animal you spotted?
- Huffington Post: 12 Pilates moves that will redefine fitness for you this year
- Runner’s World: 2013 running gear of the year
- Food 52: Hand-formed parmesan tater tots