Happy Monday!And happy run-day.Anthony and I tackled a cold but refreshing seven miles this morning, along some of my favorite trails in Brentwood (Tennessee). Best part: this tunnel!Actually the best part was coming home, taking a hot shower, and putting sweatpants on. Brrrrrr!
We landed in Nashville on Saturday night and came home to a family feast. My grandmothers both used to make chicken paprikash, a Hungarian stew that looks weird but tastes GOOD. It’s got a lot of paprika (hence the name).My mom’s mom was also known for her Czech “cucumber salad,” which is basically just cucumbers, white vinegar, and sugar.Anthony had never tried or heard of either of these dishes, so it was fun to introduce him to some Doman family history.
The family fun continued yesterday with a trip to the Darkhorse Theater for A Christmas Story.The show was put on by “SistaStyle Productions” and had quite a lot of style to it, for sure. We loved it!Fun but random — my favorite type of outing.
Stay warm out there!
- What was your run like today?
- Do you like running in winter or summer better?
- Have you ever acted in a play?
And some announcements:
- Roam Fitness is having some fun Christmas runs this week! Meet at the Glover Park location at 6:30 tonight for a Zoo Lights run; or meet Wednesday night (6:30) at Dupont for a National Mall Christmas tree run!
- Aaaand make sure to stop by Zengo Cycle in Logan Circle this Wednesday from 6-9 p.m. for free mini rides, giveaways, and SweetGreen fuel!