Happy Monday!A warm front hit our town over the weekend — so Anthony and I celebrated with a 10.5-mile run. Why not?There were a fair few puddles which added some variety to our jog…We spent most of our miles exploring Brentwood’s trail system, which grows bigger every time I visit!
Anthony and I even wore matching shirts for the outing because we are a TEAM.He still won’t buy matching highlighter-pink shoes, though.Ta-da!It felt good to knock out my last long run for the next couple weeks. Our pace was a bit slower than usual because we’ve spent seven days eating fried food, booze, and ice cream, which leads me to the next part of this post: Puckett’s! This “grocery store”/restaurant is a pretty popular spot in Franklin, so we had to check it out.Fried green tomatoes:Super-duper-duper spicy wings:I got blackened chicken (covered in three inches of cheese) — it was good!Anthony went all out with a filet — topped with fried onions, and served with bacon-wrapped asparagus in true Southern style.When we finished, the band came out to play!We are turning into real Tennesseans.And now we’re off to the gym! Have a great day!
- Are you from the South? Ever visited the South?
- Do you try to stick to a certain pace for your long runs?
- Are you home for the holiday?
- Washingtonian: Whole Foods will no longer sell Chobani
- Runner’s World: No money for running, plenty of cash for Bowl games
- Daily Herald: Guide to the latest fitness gadgets