Thursday started off right. Six miles with these lovely ladies:and an eerie yet beautiful view of the Capitol. It’s a bit crazy to wake up at 5 am, metro into the city, and run around dark, cold city streets — but when you’ve got two friends to gab with along the way, it’s totally worth it!
Leah, Miriam, and I usually have some pretty random conversations during our dark-o-clock runs. Today we started chatting about working from home vs. working in an office. Which do you prefer?I do like working from home, but try to make it as “office” like as possible — by creating a semi-formal routine, getting dressed in actual clothes, sticking to normal office hours, etc. I need boundaries to separate work and life! (The question is, what category does this blog fall into? 😉 )
Anyways, we chatted away until we reached the White House — when suddenly, Miriam and my Garmins BOTH lost satellites! The CIA must have been playing with the airwaves. Random.
Then we said our goodbyes and I ran back to the metro. Boarded a train home as the sun came up.And now “home” is about to become “office”
But not until I share some soup with you! (and quiche)Skinnytaste pulled through once again — I made her crock pot tomato soup and her crustless spinach and feta pie. With a few modifications, like always! I added bit of kale and some sliced ham to the quiche, and added some extra tomatoes and a can of chickpeas to the soup.
Up close and personal with the quiche — or pie? Or frittata? I never quite figured out the difference.On the side we had some yummy mocktails — seltzer, lime, and cranberry juice. We’re trying to drink less during the week… at least Tuesday was a win!Thursday probably won’t be a win, though. I’m off to Baltimore tonight, and have a strong feeling that Alanna and I might pop open some vino…
* Also — sorry to my email subscribers who might have received some wonky emails yesterday! I was tinkering with the blog and might have spammed about 200 of you Forgive me
- Which do you prefer: pie, quiche, or frittata?
- Locals: Does the White House ever mess with your Garmin?
- Work at home or work in an office?
- WashPost: Two northern Virginians to compete in Olympics
- Flowing Data: Map: where people run (so cool!)
- REfinery29: Fitness tips from inspiring NYC athletes