Hello and happy Friday! Let’s start off with a recipe…. I guess I’ll call this sweet and sour stir fry?1. Pan cook some veggies (I used bell peppers, onion, and snow peas) with oil, ginger, and garlic.
2. Pan cook some chicken
3. Douse everything in this sauce4. Serve over grain of choice (we went with a brown rice/quinoa mix)
5. Eat!Super easy, and able to accomplish in a hotel kitchen
On the not-so-easy side was this track workout. I’m smiling, but it’s only because I was DONE with the running when I took this photo! Otherwise it was all frowns. (JK, I was listening to this song — thanks Katie! — which made me less miserable)Anthony joined me for an evening (!!!) track session (we overslept yesterday! blah.)He did his own thing while I did 3 miles hard, 1 mile easy, 2 miles hard. It was a monster but I (barely) made it! and now, we’re off to do the work thing followed by more lake time! Some weekend reads for you:
- Runner’s World: Do low-carb diets improve endurance performance?
- WalkJogRun: How weak hamstrings might be hurting your running
- B.Britnell: Bleu cheese turkey burger sliders (kind of like these!)
and questions, too!
- Music while running: yay or nay?
- Hardest track workout you’ve done lately?
- Share your favorite easy recipe!