Hi, hi and happy Friday! Some breaking news for you:
- Distance runners: it’s officially proven that we deserve weekly pedicures (Anthony I went ahead and set up my spa budget, thanks)
- DC people: The Chinatown frozenyo closed? What?! (Thanks Chrissy for sharing)
- If you’re looking for a new gym routine, you can follow Obama’s fitness video.
Speaking of the gym, Anthony and I joined another one! (This is our third gym in two months?) Since we have a permanent home now, I think we’ve found a permanent gym home too. It’s a small, low-key gym that’s nearly empty at 6 a.m. — perfect!
Remember Ian, our wedding photographer? Well, we had a double date last night and he is going to be really impressed with this high-quality iPhone photo. I don’t know why we hired a professional for our wedding… 😉Before it got dark, I did get some better pictures. Of our food! Thanks, Two Ten Jack, for a delicious ramen/izakaya experience.
We started off with a seaweed salad. It had two types of seaweed (one from Hawaii, and one from… Japan?) and was super fresh and flavorful — much better than plastic-y stuff you get in the grocery store sushi spots.Plus some Asian-style hush puppies. Not sure how I felt about these — they were soy-saucy yet sweet, with salty fish flake things on top. So strange I had to eat them all.And some seared salmon, which is Anthony’s favorite! Reminds us of the good ole’ days in Vietnam.Last, we shared a bowl of pork ramen, which tasted nothing like Maruchan instant noodles in a very good way. I’ve been sorta run down lately, so hopefully some soup (and beer?) helped.And the best part about our dinner? It was close enough so that we could simply walk home .
Now it’s time to pop some Dayquil and get going! Have a good weekend!
- Ever had non-packaged ramen noodles?
- If you could work out with one US president, who would it be?! (I’d go Teddy for sure. I’d take him on a run on Teddy Roosevelt Island…)
- What are you most looking forward to this weekend?