Hello! Happy Friday! It’s an extra good day because Anthony is home from a four-day work trip.What’s all that smoke and the big smile about? Sizzilin’ fajitas of course. We tried out Five Points Cocina Mexicana last night and ordered the most obnoxious plate on the menu.The fajitas were good, but definitely not our favorite. El Jaliciense and Rosepepper continue to be our top Mexican spots in East Nashville!
Speaking of favorites, why not do a Friday favorites post? It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these! Five things I love, followed by five links for you:
1. Tennis‘s new album, Rituals in Repeat. I know fall/winter is on its way, but this band just makes me feel like I’m sitting on the beach in summer.2. Cookie and Kate’s tahini dressing. I’ve been all about this dressing lately — and just whipped up another batch for a dinner we’re hosting tonight!3. Speaking of salads, this Cook’s Illustrated article reminded me that I love Cook’s Illustrated. I recently subscribed to their email list and find that their articles are in-depth and informative, but also fun!4. Voluspa candles. These are the best candles in the world!They have beautiful designs, lovely scents, and high-quality wicks that don’t fizzle out after a few burns. Definitely worth the investment (and make for a great gift — thanks, Meredith!)5. Talenti gelato, my new best friend who I hang out with every night.BONUS ROUND: I also read some really cool stuff on the interwebs this week. Here’s five articles for you to read instead of doing your work/school/whatever it is you’re supposed to be doing while you’re reading this post instead.
- Jamie’s post about injuries and the emotions that go with them (so true!)
- NPR’s The Salt gives a lesson on Peruvian food and history
- A very long-winded but interesting Running Times story/science on finding your running “flow”
- Anne’s post on how to eat intuitively
- In light of my recent obsession with bread making: King Arthur’s post on the million reasons your loaf didn’t rise
And that’s it! Have a great weekend!
- Favorite ice cream/gelato brand?
- What’s one article you read this week that made you think?
- What are you doing/where are you while you’re reading this?