Morning! I am on an early flight to New Orleans, so don’t have any runs to share with you. I do have a picture of my running shoes, though:I was wearing these yesterday when I discovered a piece of mashed potato in them.
It was a rogue piece of tater from yesterday’s whipped potato + beef stew feast! To get the potatoes fluffy, I put them in my KitchenAid mixer and spun about half of them into the air and around the kitchen. And apparently into my shoe.Anyways, once I cleaned up the potato tornado the final product was pretty good. We topped our taters with some slow-cooked veggies and short ribs, straight from this Sandra Lee recipe.And peas! My mom always made peas when she made mashed potatoes, so I had to follow suit.Beef stew is the perfect Sunday night meal, right? We followed dinner with Girl Most Likely, which got terrible reviews but we thought was really funny.
Speaking of entertainment, here are some reads for your Monday:
- RW: The importance of recovery; GU alternatives; and ultramarathoners and running addiction
- Food52: 11 fried eggs recipes; haikus about apples (love this); and how to make the perfect angel food cake (I’ve only tried making angel food cake from scratch once, and it bombed)
- Random: Generic college essay; 12 women who changed sports this year; and All About That Bass, on the stand-up bass
See you from NOLA!
- Favorite “bad” movie?
- Who’s your favorite Food Network chef?
- Tell me about your run today!