Greetings! I have no running photos for you because I danced all night and slept in this morning. By “dance all night” I actually mean “do a ton of squats while also trying to shake your booty.” Which leads us to b.fab fitness.
b.fab is sort of like Zumba, but with a lot more Beyonce. My friend Tracee wanted to try it out, so off we went! Our instructor danced like crazy and we, along with 60+ other women, tried to shake it and keep up. It was so fun. And so funny.My photos don’t really capture the rhythm of the night, so I’m embedding the video from the b.fab site to give you a real idea of how spirited the event really is.
So much fun! Here’s my review:
- Class duration: 60 minutes
- b.fab pricing: $3-$10 per class — what a steal!
- Calories burned: 230
- Difficulty: 4
- Good for: Women who love to dance and hate traditional workouts. And anyone who loves Beyonce or Rihanna.
- Logistics: Monday-Friday, and Sunday. Studios in Franklin & Nashville (by the zoo)
- Bring: Your freakum dress and water.
- Music: Loud hip-hop
- Vibe: Women of all ages, shapes, and sizes coming together in the name of DANCE. Even if they’re not good at it (like me).
- Would I sign up for a membership? For $3 a class, you know I’ll be back! Too fun to pass up.
Other “firsts” for me yesterday include my first trip to Barista Parlor!This place is all the rage when it comes to coffee shops in East Nashville, so I figured I finally needed to check it off my list. Since I’m not really running this week (yay, taper!) I suddenly have loads of time to go sip lattes and reflect on life.I got a cappuccino which was pretty decent. Note that this 6-oz drink was nearly double the price of my 60-minute dance class later that day, though… hmmm.
I can’t say I’d rush back to Barista anytime soon for their coffee, though the atmosphere was quite nice. I saw this article featuring the “best coffee shops in Nashville” the other day and have quite a few more cafes to visit first!
And that’s it for now, guys. Come back later today for carbtastic chronicle details on this:YEP.
- Locals: Ever been to Barista Parlor? Thoughts?
- Are you a good dancer? Do you care?
- What are you training for right now?!