Hello, and happy Friday! I didn’t go for a run this morning (still taking it easy post-marathon) and didn’t cook anything last night (<3 leftovers). So. What are we going to talk about? Let’s have a virtual cup of coffee…and get reading!
- Have y’all read about the Runner’s World female cover contest winner? What an amazing story! Plus lots more on the finalists page. Talk about inspiration.
- Looking for a f*$#ing recipe? Check out Thug Kitchen.
- On a lighter note, this ASUS T100 bird video is so creative, and so funny. I actually really dislike birds, but still like this video for some reason.
- Fellow blogger Tina just became a community leader at Runners Connect! Go girl.
- McSweeny’s (fictional and funny) reviews of new food products. My favorite is the bit about PB2 powder: “Just add tears.”
- An old, but still interesting article written by the father of Florence Welch (of Florence + the Machine). What if I have kids, and what if they end up being famous celebrity singers?! Given that I can’t even hit the high note in the happy birthday song, I’m not sure it’s possible…
- And last random read for you: Google’s report on Thanksgiving trends. Did you know that 25% of ALL annual Google searches for cookies happen in December, or that 44% of recipe searches on Thanksgiving day were on mobile devices?!
And in terms of real reading: what are y’all reading these days? I just finished What Alice Forgot for my ladies’ book club, and am now cruising through the first book of the “book club” that Anthony and I started together. He got to choose the first book for our two-person” club,” and went with a non-fiction historical account of the Vanderbilt family. I’m usually more of a novel-type person, but this non-fiction selection is surprisingly good!
What are you guys up to this weekend? I’m looking forward to a couple low-key runs, some chores around the house, a batch of s’mores tonight, and endless episodes of Mad Men. Plus a pizza party :).
Stay warm this weekend!
- What are you reading on the internet/in an actual book?
- Whatcha up to this weekend?
- In anticipation of T-day… what’s your favorite Thanksgiving dish?!