Happy Friday! I’m kicking off the weekend with a list of five things I’ve been meaning to tell you.
2. Remember my old running coach? He is still the best and just published an e-book! I already started reading it and found it very refreshing, down to earth, and — of course — educational and inspirational.
3. This smoky slow cooker chili from Cooking Light. We made it last night (using the same recipe published in my new cook book!) and it was a hit. We piled it atop baked potatoes and added Greek yogurt, cilantro, avocado, and CHEESE.4. Speaking of food: Linda Reeve from Clover Bell Farm wrote an awesome article for Style Blueprint yesterday! I learned some new tricks on how to keep fruits and vegetables fresh. And cookies. Did you know that putting a slice of apple in your cookie jar will keep your cookies fresh? If mine ever last more than a day I’ll have to keep this tip in mind.5. And lastly — breaking news that I finally found the best grocery store near East Nashville. After some serious quality control probs with the East Nashville Krogers and major traffic jams with the west side Trader Joe’s, Anthony and I discovered a Publix off Lebanon Pike. It’s perfectly quiet, all the cashiers are my new BFFs, and the International Section brings me to tears of joy. Now that I found my treasured grocery store, I’m finally feeling like I can call Nashville my home.And that’s a wrap. Have a great weekend!
- Locals: What’s your favorite grocery store? Publix OBVI.
- Favorite website for wasting time, like Buzzfeed etc.? I’m a fan of McSweeney’s Internet Tendency…
- Recommendations for running books? I’ve heard that Advanced Marathon Training is good but I’ve never read it.