Good morning, Nashville!Anthony and I set out for a nice easy jog this morning. We started out in the dark, but only had to wait about 20 minutes for the sun to come up!It’s a clear day with early morning temps around 50 degrees. I think 55 degrees is my magic running temperature. 60 starts to get a bit too hot, and high 40s mean you still have to wear gloves. Remember this running apparel chart I made a while back? I still use it all the time!
“What to wear for running in different temperatures:
- In the 60s = Two short items (e.g., short sleeves and shorts)
- 50s = One long item, one short item (e.g., long pants and short sleeves, or long sleeves and shorts)
- 40s = Two long items (e.g., long pants and long sleeves)
- 30s = Two heavy-duty long items, plus a headband/warmer if it’s low 30s(e.g., thick leggings, long sleeves, and a jacket)
- Below 30s = Wear everything possible
**I always wear gloves if it’s lower than 50. And if winds are over 20 mph, I might add a few more layers too. ”
Some things I saw on my run today. 1) One of my favorite houses in East Nashville, located on Russel street. Love the brick + pink/purple, as well as the circle structure thing in the middle! Anthony, I think we should consider moving in. You’d be okay with a purple house, right?2) Some new artwork on Main Street. Colorful skull stickers? Why not.I dropped off Anthony around mile 4 and covered a couple more solo. Good start to the day!
Remember how I was raving about my Cook’s Illustrated cook book yesterday? Well, here’s another winner straight from page 352.Enchiladas verdes!It doesn’t look pretty, but trust me: it was good! The recipe took a bit of work, but I think the end result was worth it. It involves roasting tomatillos and poblanos from scratch — definitely a little too time-intensive for a weeknight meal, but doable on a weekend! I made it on Saturday afternoon and took it over to my sister’s house. Served up with a simple salad on the side. That’s a lotta green!I wish I could say the enchiladas were the star of the evening, but I think my niece and nephew stole the show. Once I had the camera out, it was photo shoot time. First we posed with some arts and crafts …and then moved right along to posing with our favorite salad dressings. Wearing a bottle of Ranch on your head? Life doesn’t get any better.So cute. Can’t wait until my sister’s newest family member is old enough to hold a bottle on his head, too
And lastly, some reads for you!
- Style Blueprint: 4 Shops in East Nashville with Passion + Punch
- Have you seen Carrie Underwood’s new fitness line?
- An interesting article from local trainer Andy Van Grinsven: How to get your spouse to exercise
The daily questions…
- If you had to wear a bottle of salad dressing on your head, what dressing would you choose? Bet you’ve never been asked this one before.
- What color is your house?
- Tell me about your run today!