Hello! I warned you on Wednesday that today’s post was going to be random. And I always stick to my word. So let’s do a list, because everyone loves lists!
1. I ate hot chicken. Somehow this event almost escaped blog land, but the other day my mom was in town and we had a “hot” date at Party Fowl. Hot chicken is kind of a thing in Nashville.I got the hot chicken cobb salad. Those are SMOKED hard-boiled eggs in there! Kinda weird but good.2. I baked a pie! I’m usually more of a cake/cookies person, but my neighbors were having an outdoor cookout the other night and I felt like a pie was more appropriate. Since rhubarb is in season, I went wild with a strawberry-rhubarb creation. (I should have listed The Kitchn as another great recipe source in my post yesterday!)3. I found the answers to all of your life questions. Find peace in the very important information shared below:
- Ever wondered how your phone measures your heart rate? (Anthony and I were obsessed with doing this for a while)
- Did you know that The Oatmeal has started his own race series? (Anyone want to journey to Washington with me?!)
- Is your stride limited by your height? (If so, my 5’4 self is in trouble)
- Want to know how to poop before a race? (ha!)
- Want to get a tattoo pace chart that takes elevation into consideration? (so cool!)
4. I missed National Running Day and National Donut Day. Since I write my blog posts at 5 am I’m usually oblivious to what day it is. National Running Day sort of slipped by me, but I did happen to go for a run!As for Donut Day, I’m going to have to postpone that one. I would love to eat a donut right now but not sure that would be wise to do the day before a race. Come tomorrow, though, I’ll be ready to treat myself.
5. Speaking of race, it’s coming up! I’m feeling good about my training and am excited to head back to Asheville. Time to go pack my bags. See you soon!
- Ever been to Asheville?
- Are you racing this weekend?
- Tell me something random!