Good morning! I made it back to Nashville late last night and am glad to be home again. One last shot from South Walton…and now onto today’s topic: sunglasses! The Vision Council reached out to me to help spread awareness about National Sunglasses Day, which is coming up this Saturday. Have your shades ready! A couple of fun facts:
- Exposure to UV rays can lead to a number of health implications, including retina damage
- UV rays are particularly strong near the equator, since they travel a shorter distance to reach the Earth’s surface. Cities at high altitudes also share higher UV levels because the sun’s rays can easily penetrate the thin atmosphere. Where does your area fall?
Also, UV rays penetrate clouds. So even when it’s grey out, you should still sport your shades!
What type of sunglasses do you wear? I’ve been a fan of Oakley’s “active” line, which is sort of a cross between hardcore sports sunglasses and lifestyle sunglasses. It all started when I got a pair of Overtimes in 2012. I do miss this sunglasses, but I don’t miss having a massive ponytail swinging on my head.
I loved these shades! I’d never really worn sunglasses before and really enjoyed not squinting for hours at a time. However, I was new to wearing sunglasses at the time and did not take care of my Oakleys at all. I threw them around in various purses and bags and they got really scratched up after a couple of years.
So, I learned my lesson and am taking much better care of my Pulses. I always keep them in a soft case and never run or drink without them.I’m also a fan of Ray-Bans when I’m not running.
Need a new pair of sunglasses? National Sunglasses Day makes for a perfect excuse to go shopping Stay shady, friends!
* This post is supported by The Vision Council, but all thoughts and opinions and stylish sunglass photos are my own. Thanks for reading & supporting my blog!
- When did you start wearing sunglasses?
- What are your favorite eyewear brands?