Hello and happy Friday! No run to share with you today, but I do have some running-related news and a crazy dinner recap. Let’s get to it.
- Runners & fertility: what you need to know. I listened to this podcast the other day and found it really interesting as well as educational. Tina and Sarah talk about a range of women’s issues from a runner’s perspective. To all my ladies: give this one a listen!
- How to stop a side stitch. I don’t get too many side cramps when I run, but when I do they are the.worst. Some of these tips were new to me!
- Soleus watches. Has anyone tried one of these GPS watches? I read a few Garmin vs. Soleus reviews and it seems like Garmin (barely) wins. I love my FR210 but would be curious to try a new brand.
- ZOOMA Nashville training group. I’m working with East Nasty to help coordinate a training program for the ZOOMA half marathon. The program is open to beginners and is kicking off with a five-mile run in East Nashville on August 1st! Email me (email@example.com) if you want to join.
- Detroit Free Press marathon! After reading all of your race recommendations the other day, I decided to register for the Detroit marathon. See you northerners (and Canadians) at the start line!
And now, about the crazy meal. I went a bit overboard on dinner last night.The Cooksmarts menu had spring rolls scheduled for the end of the week. Sounded good, but I felt like the meal needed more. So I added soup!I attempted to make tom kha gai soup a few months ago and wasn’t very impressed with how it turned out. Even though I used my trusted Cook’s Illustrated cook book, I thought the soup turned out bland and heavy. The Cooksmarts recipe is much better! In both appearance and taste.The spring rolls were fab, too. Though I can’t say I nailed it in terms of looks. I need to work on my wrapping and rolling skillz!Even though this meal was a bit labor-intensive for a weeknight, I’m glad we went for it! After so much hard work, glasses of wine were well-deserved Plus we made enough to have leftovers tonight! Yay.
- How long does it take you to make dinner on a weeknight?
- What fall races are you training for?
- Brand of GPS watch that you use? Running podcasts that you listen to?