Hello! Since I’m not running much this week, it’s given me plenty of time to talk about other random stuff that I always mean to share on the blog but forget to — like what books, TV, and movies I’ve enjoyed lately! With that, here are five of my recent entertainment favorites.
1. All of the Light We Cannot See. I just finished this book yesterday and loved it! Beautifully written with a good storyline, too. At first I was hesitant to read *another* WWII novel, but I think that Anthony Doerr somehow found a new perspective. Relieved to know that this best-selling book is worth the hype.
2. The Good Wife. I know this show has been running for years (um, season 1 has the characters using flip phones…) but I just got into it! The Will/Alicia romance is too much for me to handle and I’m still trying to figure out what the deal is with Kalinda. Can’t stop!
3. The Martian. I usually wouldn’t pick a sci-fi/outer space book, but Anthony and I decided to read this one together and I was surprised that I made it to the last page! We recently saw the movie, too. I’m usually 100% book-over-movie, but this time I actually think that the movie was better. Have you watched/read them both? Which do you prefer?
4. The Bean Trees. I’ve loved every single novel by Barbara Kingsolver and this one was a winner, too. I felt like I traveled to Tucson and was right there, camping out with all of the characters. Compared to her other books, this one was even *more* muted — but the beautiful scenery and poetic language kept me turning the pages anyways.
5. Silicon Valley. A couple of you recommended this show before Anthony and I went to Italy, and you were spot on! Absolutely hilarious. I’m only sad that there were two short seasons. Does anyone know when season 3 is coming out?
What have you been watching/reading lately?