We’re halfway through the week and this sunrise is helping me power through.I had a feeling that the downhill descent into downtown — and resulting uphill climb home — would be worth it today, and it was! I ran into an actual photographer (not a run blogger smartphone photographer) on the pedestrian bridge and we chatted about how gorgeous the morning was. Anyone awake and outside before 7 a.m. is my friend.I know I already told you this, but I’m loving my new phone! It’s lighter and narrower than my last phone (meaning that it’s easier to run with) and does cool tricks like this auto focus/fade thing. Can’t wait to take some enhanced street furniture photos 😉Seven miles, done! I was kind of dragging at the start of this run but kept chugging along at a pace that felt comfortable. Seems like I finally hit my groove around mile 3:
Just when you thought this morning update couldn’t get any better, I have pizza and cake!I recently discovered Geadello’s pizza here in Nashville and am in love. We tried their frozen pizzas the other night, which I think are available at most local stores — we got ours at Turnip Truck. They also have an actual shop near Percy Warner Park. That’s right, fresh pizza located next to one of Nashville’s best running routes…could be dangerous. And here’s some cake! My friend Kristen baked this deliciousness last night and served me the prettiest slice just so I could feature it on the blog. Wish I had another piece for breakfast right now.Remember back in the day when I used to end each post with random running/food/local news links? Bringing it back for one day and one day only…
- The New York Times reports on a study that shows dark chocolate actually does boost athletic performance….
- Runner’s World offers a list of 12 habits of highly effective runners. I think I have maybe half of them?
- Nashvillians: Have you been to Clyde’s on Church yet? Looks really fun. Anyone up for a night of ping pong?
And your questions:
- Do you ever talk to strangers on your run?
- How many miles/minutes does it take you to find your running groove?
- Locals: Favorite pizza in Nashville?