Friday! I have the usual five random things to share:
1. Street furniture! Found this fabulous chair on Benjamin Street yesterday. Fit for a queen.
4. Speaking of ultra runners, did I tell you that Anthony and I watched a documentary called The Barkley Marathons the other week? It’s about this CRAZY man who lives up in the Tennessee mountains and organizes a 100+ mile race every year that 90% of contestants don’t complete. Even if you’re not a runner, the documentary is fascinating. And funny!
5. Bean soup! It’s what’s on our menu lately. I had low hopes for this one but was really impressed with the results. It’s like a Mexican chili minus the meat but still really flavorful. I used dried beans and made mine in the slow cooker for extra ease! Similar recipe here (minus black beans, plus coriander and carrots)Off to enjoy the weekend. The forecast is calling for rain but I won’t let that stop me!
- Have you ever ran an ultra? Would you ever? (Probably not)
- Favorite liquor/spirit? (Whiskey and amaretto would be at the top of my list I think)
- What are you most looking forward to this weekend? (Finishing House of Cards!)