Another soggy start to the day:
But it’s Friday . What do you have going on this weekend? I’m a little bummed that we missed the big Tomato Festival in East Nashville last weekend but at least the giant tomato painting is still going strong on the street.
Saw this “help yourself herb garden” on Woodland street and it made me smile. I feel like there’s been so much bad news in the world lately — seeing this one tiny kind gesture gives me hope! Maybe I should have snagged some sage for the run?
Five miles in the books for Friday! Looking forward to some fun runs this weekend, too.
That’s pretty much all I’ve got for you today, so here’s some weekend reading….
This runner’s connect post is awesome! They go in-depth into the science behind “wet heat” and “dry heat” and show the data that explains why running in humid weather sucks.
I’ve been wondering how to make homemade crackers for a while, and I think this King Arthur blog post has inspired me to give it a try! Now that Costco stopped carrying my favorite crackers (Dr. Kracker flatbreads) I’m going to try and recreate them myself. Wish me luck!
All of your shoe recommendations the other week have me thinking! I’m still shopping around before I make a decision in a few weeks, and the RW’s shoe advisor and shoes like mine finder pulled up some interesting suggestions. Here are the top 5 I’m considering, with my deep thoughts about each shared in parenthesis:
- Skechers GoRun (I feel like these are haunting me — they ALWAYS show up as recommended shoes for me! But… Skechers? I guess Meb runs in them..)
- Adidas Adizero Adios Boost (Adidas? Really?)
- Topo Athletic Fli-Lyte – Women’s (never heard of this brand but these shoes sound great!)
- New Balance Vongo (can I ever go back to New Balance after my terrible experience?)
- Saucony Kinvara (had these about 6 years ago and liked them, but remember that they were wide for my narrow foot)
See you Monday!