Happy Friday! I thought I’d end the week with a roundup of favorites — it’s been a while since I’ve done one of these posts, and I have so many old and new favorites to share. Here goes:
1. Slow cooker meals. We use our slow cooker at least once a week — it’s by far one of our top-used appliances! The Hamilton Beach “stay or go” isn’t anything special (only $25!) but it does the trick. On Wednesday I threw a bunch of veggies and dried black beans in the slow cooker pot, added 7 cups of water, and came home to a lovely black bean soup. So easy.
2. Jessica Simpson nursing tank. I’ve complained about maternity clothes shopping enough on this blog, so let’s talk about one brand who got it right! Jessica Simpson’s line (sold at Motherhood Maternity) is awesome. My favorite item is her basic nursing tank, which has detachable, adjustable straps and a built-in bra. None of the cheap flimsy stuff I’ve seen when looking at other tanks. I’ll have to report back on the shirt’s performance when I actually start nursing, but for just wearing in general with a large belly it’s been great. I have the tank in three colors already — black featured below!
3. When Breath Becomes Air. A group of girlfriends and I just read this book together and I really enjoyed it. Written by a young neurosurgeon who was diagnosed with cancer in his 30s, the memoir is a reflection on life, death, and the purpose behind why we’re all here. Sounds depressing (and don’t get me wrong — I definitely shed a tear or two!) but I found it insightful and inspiring. Give it a read!
4. Saucony Kinvara 7s. It’s been a while since I did my great shoe review and I wanted to give you guys an update that I’m still loving the Kinvara 7s. They’ve held up really well over the past few months (unlike my awful New Balances a year ago, which shred to pieces in two months) and are light yet sturdy. I don’t love them quuuuite as much as I loved my PureConnects (RIP), but they have been a very good replacement. I’ll probably get another pair after I run through these, unless something else catches my eye…
5. Clarks Oxfords. Clearly I have a thing for purple shoes. Another go-to pair from my shoe rack are these Clarks Griffin Mabel Oxfords, which I scored for $60 on Black Friday and haven’t taken off since. I’ve walked miles in them without a blister or ache! And I personally think that eggplant purple matches everything… so they’re surprisingly practical despite their funky appearance
What are some of your favorites of late? Especially in the book category (baby book or non-baby book suggestions welcome). I’m looking for something new to read!